Thursday 18 December 2014

Ogden.


Today reminded me of that little known adaptation of  the Maurice Chevalier hit  “Thank heavens for Little Grebe “ by WET WET WET 

A couple of tours of Ogden today.

The second tour was somewhat forced upon me ,when I noticed that  my binocular eye cups were missing.

At least with the incessant rain today, I noticed the eye cups had done a runner.I did locate the eye cups but not a lot else.

I commiserated with DJS who was having the same kind of day as myself.

First I had a good look for the Kingfisher nr. the promenade but without any luck and then the usual circuit.

Ogden held the usual Mallards with Common & Black Headed Gull. I did think I had seen a LBBG through the gloom and mist, but I could not relocate so I decided it was a Common Gull. 3 Goldfinch were feeding on the path and there were a few Robin flitting about.

A Little Grebe made a very brief appearance so I hunted about in the rucksack and got the camera out – at last something to photograph – but alas the Little Grebe disappeared into thin air and left me wondering if the rain was going to seep into the camera workings!

There were no takers for the feeders, maybe because they were being buffeted by the strong wind.

The Ogden volunteers were out in force mending walls and drains – a tough bunch!

My tip for today – Goldeneye on Ogden before Sunday (or I’ll eat my hat)!


Some double stonking pictures!








2 comments:

  1. Well done for getting out today John. How would you like your hat, fried or boiled ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about that since I blogged.
    I think my best bet is a pork-pie hat.

    ReplyDelete