Saturday 22 October 2016

Shibden Park and Soil Hill

We enjoyed a morning down at Shibden Park where Abigail and Emma had some quality time together.

The usual birds were here:-

Coot, Moorhen, Black Headed Gull, Swan, Mallard, Canada Goose and the resident Heron on it's usual perch.

Later I sneaked off for a short, and often quite wet, trip to Soil Hill and had a chance encounter with B.S.

The weather wasn't kind, and as we parted company,a large black cloud gave me a fair old soaking.

I waited for the sky to clear,looking down from the North end.
There were Lapwings and Gulls down on the Shay and 4 birds on the lower NK pond.

On getting home and checking out, the distant photos on the laptop, there is a pr. Teal there I  do believe! Wonders never cease!

A walk about only produced a few Meadow Pipit and as I left via Ned Hill Track an astounding 3 Goldcrest and a Wren came into view!!

A Mistle Thrush called > W as I walked along Perseverance Road.

Not a lot to see today - serves me right for abandoning Sue while she was disembowelling a Pumpkin to make something scary.
I'm a bit worried, Sue used my face as the template for the scary lantern.


I think I'm more scary than this though.

Shibden Park:





Soil Hill:


Studley Dudley in the distance


I've got a brand new combined harvester
(I've left the old one to rot in the fields)
I keep thinking a Little Owl will sit on here one day to give me a good pic.










Mallard I think


Very distant cropped photo but Pr Teal - I believe




Probably a Moorhen




Do these count as Pinkies??


Stupendous shot of a Mistle Thrush 



No comments:

Post a Comment