Thursday 23 March 2017

Skipton Woods & Ogden

We took Ken (96) to his favourite Fish & Chip shop, Buzzie Lizzies, in Skipton this afternoon.

I managed to sneak off for a very short walk up to the Castle and through the Woods.

On the way home (16:30 ish) Sue dropped me at Ogden for a short nosy about there.

The traffic lights situation at the Denholme Salt Pile is awful. We had at least a 20 minute wait to get through on or way home from Skipton - and that wasn't rush hour.

Skipton:

The short stroll through the woods did not provide any surprises.

It's amazing how many people want to have a chat with you when you are on a limited time frame!

A Great Spotted Woodpecker called with a few Nuthatch also calling and the usual smaller woodland birds were about.

The joys of bird watching ........ part 7.

Watching a Dipper, I did not notice a Black Labrador that was taking a close interest in me, and as I stepped back to take a photo I stood on it's paw. 
The ensuing YELP frightened me to death - luckily the Black lab did not bite me! 

Top of the Pops was two Dippers, chasing each other up the stream.
I've never seen this stream so full and many of the fields on the Skipton bypass were in flood - more that the usual number here.

Ogden to Home 16:30 - 18:15

A strong easterly wind had picked up as I arrived at Ogden.
It felt quite cold this afternoon.

A very quick scan of the Golf Course for Wheatear did not bring any success.

The Goosander population was down to 5 as far as I could see.

A Moorhen called from the North West end, but I failed to see it.

A good few Goldcrest were buzzing about as I went around the circuit with the ubiquitous Robins.

Just a few Canadas among the Mallard - no sign of the Tufties or the Kingfisher.

Skipton:
























Ogden:


























3 comments:

  1. Nice day out John and nice find with the Dippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave
    We enjoy Skipton, used to have a static caravan there.
    Jobn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it there too apart from the traffic wardens that are too keen.

    ReplyDelete