Thursday 20 April 2017

√Woodpecker Dip

Coach Road. 9:50 - 12:00

After yesterdays plethora of calling Green Woodpecker, I decided to give Coach Road a try for the little 'un.

Top tip: avoid Queensbury traffic lights (roadworks near Tesco) like the plague - coming home the queue was back beyond the golf club.

A tad warmer today but lots of dark clouds making for poor pictures.

Birds:

4 Nuthatch, 2 Willow Warbler, 3 Chiffchaff, Blue and Great Tits in good numbers.
Singing Mistle Thrush.
Just 1 Coal Tit seen, Lots of Wren chasing about and one with nest material, Jay and a few other sp.

No calling or drumming Woodpecker of any description.

               **********************************************

Near the bottom of the Coach Road track,between the big walls, a golf ball came whizzing over the wall landing behind me.
I picked it up and lobbed it back over the wall shouting "FORE".

I'm not sure what the correct golfing etiquette is for a near miss, out of bounds, golf ball placement. 
Perhaps I should have left it for the dog coming down the track.







Coal Tit - I believe




Robin of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment