Wednesday 24 May 2017

Foreside Lane, Denholme, Ogden, Soil Hill

13:00 - 17:45

Another warm and very pleasant day with a breeze keeping things cool.

I enjoyed a good, 4 hours plus, hike from Denholme to home via Ogden.

The warm weather seems to be keeping the birds under wraps - excuse number 55.

Foreside lane is always interesting with plenty of Meadow Pipit and (fewer) Skylark to keep your bins active.
I made a detour across the fields to Black Edge Lane and then back to Foreside Lane via the water board permissive path.

I believe I've got a Wheatear , soon as I saw it it flew off. 
I got a blurred image but it's rubbish - a good bird for this time of the year I thought.

Other birds: Lapwing, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Swallow, lots of Starlings , with offspring,  more than 100.

I believe a Herring Gull was calling from Oxenhope Reservoir - I did get a Herring Gull over later in the walk.

Snipe in flight and 2 Snipe chipping.

A Grey Partridge flushed and there were a few Pheasant and 2 Linnet about.

2 fields before back lane bridleway, near the ruin, a poss. Tree Pipit.

Ogden:

5 ducklings were on the north end pond.
I took a walk up to the Giants Tooth.
No target bird - Spotted Flycatcher just a camera shy Coal Tit.
A distant Red Grouse and 3 Curlew were hereabouts.

Ogden Water was very quiet.

Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, 2 Black Headed Gull, Juv. Lesser Black-backed Gull.
A couple of Canada Geese, 2 Swift and a calling Bullfinch.

The trek to Soil Hill was uneventful, just the usual Pheasants in the Another World adventure centre with a few Woodpigeon and Goldfinch.
A singing Willow Warbler was kind and posed for a photo.

A sighting of B.S. (I think) at the end of Ned Hill Track as I climbed up the hill - a bit weary by now.

Soil Hill:


Soil Hill was alive with bird song with Skylarks enjoying the sun and Meadow Pipits everywhere.

Another poss. Tree Pipit - it had a deeper call.
3 Linnet - The Oystercatcher is still on its nest which is pleasing and a Pheasant.


Also seen along the walk a Little Owl.

Tree Pipit:

I am unsure how rare Tree Pipit are.
I seem to be seeing more that previously.
Either I'm getting my Tree and Meadow Pipit confused or I am actually seeing a few more!





Possible Tree Pipit





No Idea what I have here - possibly Skylark




Possible Snipe


Lightened a bit and Cropped













Ogden:









Willow Warbler









Soil Hill - Possible Tree Pipit (Deeper Call)






Linnet


Skylark




Male Linnet


Female Linnet


Both



And along the way... a Little Owl



P1380119 from Bradshaw Rambler on Vimeo.



No comments:

Post a Comment