Friday 16 June 2017

√Cromwell Bottom LNR / Priestley Green

10:10

Cromwell Bottom:

I had a drive down to Brighouse this morning to have a look around Cromwell Bottom LNR.
I haven't been here for a while.

As soon as I reached the canal by the fishing lake a Tern called overhead, I got a faint glimpse of it.
Then a second Tern flew past - neither birds were heard or seen again on the outing.
I guess they are the Common Terns that have been reported here for some time now.

Some of the more obscure paths are well overgrown, but this is to be expected at this time of year.

Great to bump into and have a chat , in the sunshine , with Larry who was doing the rounds.

The lagoon area is quite a distance from the nearest path but we managed to see a Kingfisher and 2 Heron here.

A warbler called briefly and I listened to A Reed Warbler on my telling bone - I think both songs were the same!

Plenty of Singing Blackcap but not easy to eyeball any of them.

Birds:

A good 2 1/2 hours brought with it:- 

Mute Swan, Common Tern, Wren, Willow Warbler, Chiffchaff, M/F Blackcap , Mallard, 2 Heron, Kingfisher, Song Thrush, Swift.
Great Spotted Woodpecker calling - not seen.
10 Goosander (2 F with 4 Juv. each).

Long Tailed Tit, Moorhen and a few other sp.

Priestley Green.

On the way home I called at Priestly Green, having had a Hobby in a dream here, the other night.
It stayed in my dream alas.

Lots of Wren hereabouts.
Mistle Thrush, Swallow, Swift and House Martin and a few other sp.
No Woodpecker, which was disappointing.





Lots of Chiffchaffs about




Distant Kingfisher























Flood debris in the bridge?




Robins of the day





No comments:

Post a Comment