Tuesday 26 September 2017

√Soil Hill Saunter

13:50 - 15:50

An afternoon's saunter up and around Soil Hill proved tough going for bird life.

The saunter started in cool murky stuff and finished in lovely warm sunshine.

I didn't expect a lot and the outing met with my expectations.

The fields around the Bonnet and Taylor Lane have been mown and many Gulls were in them.

I had a good scan about but could not spot anything unusual among the gulls.

A Kestrel was on a nearby Pylon.

Soil Hill 14:15

9 Meadow Pipit, 1 Skylark flushed.

Then a possible late Tree Pipit in the north end bushes.
The bird flushed from the grass to a small bush without a call.
It stayed put a while and I tried to get the camera to focus on it through the leaves.
As I approached it dropped down lower and then flew slowly a few feet to the next bush.
If it had been a Meadow Pipit I would have expected it to flush, fly off and call?
The picture, however, is rubbish, so I'll never know.
The claws look long so.....

Not a lot else about.

Leaving on the path down to Ned Hill Track c30 flighty Goldfinch were feeding on Thistle heads.

At the end of Ned Hill Track c70 Goldfinch were flitting about (I guess the 70 included the original 30).

Just a Wren seen on the track and not a lot on the homeward journey either.

Pool/Snooker tonight with neighbour John - hope I do better that last week.

I was so poor, I am sure he let me win 3 games by putting the final black down together with the white!

No not putting as in golf , potting as in snooker!







Robin on the Percy Road Thrasher.

Cropped photos the best I could do with the possible Tree Pipit:-





















No comments:

Post a Comment