Saturday 23 December 2017

√Bradshaw to Ogden

14:00 - 16:20 (Dark)


I thought I'd give Ogden Water another go after missing B.S's bonanza yesterday afternoon...
(On TV tonight - After the Lord Mayors' show....comes the Hit Charts.)

It's a good job I love walking, because the weather was awful with dense mist and drizzle blown along by a near gale force wind as I left the house.

I thought the wind might shift the mist - and it did eventually as I'd complete a circuit of Ogden Water.

A Little Owl was very, very pleasing to pull out of the gloom, soon after I'd left the house.

The farm track revealed a Goldcrest, calling very loudly.
I did eyeball it but not for long before it went for cover.
I hung about a bit but I could not relocate it.

The light at Ogden Water was very, very poor.
The usual Small Gulls were present as far as I could make out.
Later, chatting to B.S. on the prom. he mentioned that there was a 2nd winter Herring Gull here as well.

After B.S. left 2 Cormorant circled overhead a couple of times.

The walk home was 'good exercise'.

Stacks of Gulls passed overhead, heading NNW - presumably to the Oxenhope Roost.

I even had a detour to Bradshaw Park, in the dark, to see if anything might be lurking there - sad or what?

It's that time of the year ... hope I get another good joke book for Christmas - like last year!



You just can't beat 'em.
Especially on a day like today!



Bradshaw Village


I sure there was a Goldcrest here - but I can't find it!


At least I've found it in this photo


Can't turn it it a Firecrest though


Very poor visibility  - Arriving at Ogden Water


Things got way, way worse.

Ok the focus may be a tad incorrect on this one.




2 very distant Cormorant





Sky full of Gulls on my way home


Quite pleased with the amount of light in this photo.
16:00 and it was black as sin in reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment