Sunday 14 January 2018

√Bingley canal

A stroll along the canal towpath this aft, after the obligatory cafe stop.

It was another dull day, doing nothing for the photos,and cold with a raw breeze, but a rewarding outing all the same.

3f (probably) and a male Goosander seen along the way.
Soon after we left the cafe,a Red Kite was spotted overhead.
A bit further along one of my bogey birds, a Siskin was in the bushes.
I got a great view of the bird in the bins but it became very camera shy when I pointed my Lumix at it, flying off into a nearby tree.

I took a quick pic before it vanished completely and, when I checked the photo on my laptop, I was quite pleased that I actually captured the bird in the photo. 

On the return journey a Buzzard made a brief appearance.

Not a bad do.














Spot the Siskin


Just about discernible, cropped and lightened a bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment