Wednesday 3 January 2018

√Coach Road - Lightcliffe

14:00 - 15:45

Another wet outing, with very poor light.

I thought I'd give Coach Road, Lightcliffe a coat of looking at this aft. to escape the gale - very wet and windy here as well though.

The Raggalds football field had a large contingent of Lapwing and Starling as I passed, going, but none there on my return.

Nothing much seen going down Coach Road (as I wondered if a bit of tree was going to send me to the promised land) until the very bottom of the track.

Here, c10 Long Tailed Tit were flitting about.
A couple of Mallard flew overhead and a couple of Woodpigeon were hunched up in a large tree,looking miserable.
A few Blue Tit and 2 Goldcrest were here also, and a welcome sight early in the New Year for me - M/F  Bullfinch.

A Great Spotted Woodpecker called from neaby but it stayed out of sight in the dark trees.

Wren, Chaffinch,Blackbird, a few Small Gulls and a few Corvids completed the outing.

No Winter Thrushes or Brambling popped out.The birds that I was hoping for.


Not a bad session all things considered.



Coach Road - before the rain









No comments:

Post a Comment