Friday 5 January 2018

√Ogden to Bradshaw

[Addendum 20:30 
Sue's 97 year old dad received a penalty notice today, for speeding in Leeds!
Wrong Reg. Wrong man. 
His 3 wheeled walker "ain't go not engine, man"]

14:00 - 16:00 (dark).

A much better day, weatherwise, today.
After some jobs in Bradford City centre this morning, Sue dropped me at Ogden Lane this aft.

A quick nosey at Back Lane brought with it a Pheasant, Stock Dove and a distant skein of 29 Geese, in silhouette, over Mixenden.
Thinking B.S. might be over that area, I phoned him.
In the meantime the Geese headed my way and juggling with the phone and the video setting on my camera, I managed to make a pigs ear of the whole process.

I think they are Greylag Geese,(DJS 's big conks) but I cannot get much light into the photos to discern the colours - maybe someone out there might 'enlighten' me?

The Geese veered off East towards Soil Hill

A M. Tufted Duck and c50 Small Gulls were on the water.

As I was walking along the prom a Twin Prop. aircraft passed fairly low overhead.

The west side path proved uneventful but a short walk up the stream path at the N.E. end paid dividends with a Dipper down in the gloomy Clough stream.

A second Dipper left the waters edge as I headed down the east side path.

A Robin and Blue Tits were here also.

C12 Goldfinch were in the plantation as I crossed Back Lane on my way to Coal Lane, Ned Hill Track, Percy Rd and home.

My first Little Owl of 2018 took some extracting from a tree, in near darkness, as I neared home.
A photo, with the camera set for night photography, did actual capture the distant bird.

(Pleasing to see a Nuthatch at New Bank garden centre, West Vale, yesterday).














2 comments:

  1. Can't be just sure on the geese John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking them out Dave.
    The 'angle' of the wing looks quite interesting.
    I cannot improve the image Alas.
    They were very low as they passed me and just one bird called 'once' so probably not Pinkfeet.
    They call was a typical 'honk' rather than gabbled.
    Sorry I cannot be more precise.
    Pretty cool if they were White-fronted!!
    Thanks again
    John

    ReplyDelete