Sunday 18 February 2018

√Coach Road Lightcliffe and Hag Lane Swalesmoor

Sue took Abi. swimming this morning so I thought I'd have yet another crack at seeing the wee one along Coach Road.
I don't think I'll be seeing a Lesser Pecker down here, this year though!

Coach Road 10:00 - 12:00

An enjoyable, 2 hour,  slow saunter down Coach Road and left to Sefton Avenue and back this morning.
A dull sort of day which does not help this location because it's fairly dull under the canopy of trees on a sunny day.

Birds:-

A fairly good do really.

3 Singing Song Thrush, Solitary Redwing, Long Tailed Tit, 3 Nuthatch, c6 Coal Tit, 2 Great Spotted Woodpecker.
The Great Spotted Woodpecker that I got a photo of, did not stop long.

Just after the bird left, a golf ball crashed against the branches where it was perched. No 'Fore' either.

2 Stock Dove, Jay, Lots of Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Greenfinch.

A Heron landed by the small stream down the field (opposite Sefton Avenue).

Pr. Goldcrest getting excited with one another.
I did video the birds but the dull conditions made focusing the camera difficult.

Pr. Treecreeper.

and a few others.

Hag Lane 13:20 - 14:45

I had intended to check Pule Hill (Ringby Top) for Snow B but as I went up the track the unmistakable noise of trial bikes zooming about, made me turn back and tackle Hag lane bridleway instead.

Very dull now but dry and not cold. Not a lot knocking about.

Birds:-

Pr. Bullfinch.
2 Green Woodpecker - 1 calling from the north and 1 calling from the south of the valley.

20+ Magpie in the field opposite the ski-slope.
4 Canada Geese over.

1 Skylark sang for a mo. then packed it in - I didn't see the bird.

A noise similar to a quiet Woodpecker drumming caught my attention. When I went to investigate, the noise was being made by a Carrion Crow! Most odd.

A good few Small Gulls about and a few larger Gulls over.

Coach Road:







Goldcrest (Honest) apologies for the quality (or lack thereof)

Hag Lane:




Spot the Bullfinch




No comments:

Post a Comment