Friday 2 February 2018

√Holdsworth, Oats Royd and Bradshaw (Raggalds late afternoon)

12:00 - 13:30
Waiting about for tradesmen today but I did get out for an hour.
A beautiful sunny day and quite warm in the sun and out of the wind.

Birds:-

Not a lot about considering the better weather.

3 Redwing and 2 Mistle Thrush were in fields near the small Holdsworth area copse.

A Kestrel was hovering  as I went down to Oats Royd, and a Wren was flitting about.



Oats Royd was exceptionally quite with a Jay and not much else stirring.


5 Moorhen were near the pond near the park.

The usual small birds were near Bradshaw Park

I had a walk up to look at Raggalds Flood late afternoon.

Pleasing to see a large Lapwing flock in the Bonnet Fields.
I counted 180 birds with other obscured by the contours of the field.

The flood held a few Mallard.

I cleaned the Blue Tit box this aft.
1 egg remained unhatched from last years brood.
(1 egg remained from the year before as I recall).



View from Holdworth towards Raggalds




Distant Redwing








Lapwing take flight



2 comments:

  1. Not a bad haul there John , the kestrel hovering is not bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Andy - makes a change from photos but they take some space up on Blogger, so I delete 'em fairly soon after.
    John

    ReplyDelete