Sunday 4 March 2018

Startdate four - oh three - eighteen - The Search For Daylight - Coach Road

15:00 - 16:00

I had a walk to the paper shop, in heavy snow, this morning, but the thaw was just around the corner and with it came Mick Thist.

With the poor visibility here, I had an hour's look at Coach Road, Lightcliffe this afternoon when Sue dropped me off,on her way to drop Abigail at Heckmondwike.

There was not much to 'see' at the top of the track, just a Blackbird and a Wren, but the mist thinned, albeit just a tad, a bit lower down.

Arriving at the bottom, there were a good number of birds flitting about.

4 or so Redwing with Blue, Great, Coal and Long Tailed Tit.
It was pleasing to see a few Chaffinch for a change.
Also about Goldfinch and Greenfinch and a Wren singing its heart out.

Great Spotted Woodpeckers were here (there noises trapped by the mist) but not the little fella.

2 were heard drumming in different areas.

I could not see one drumming at first, but I managed to catch it drumming on video, just in case it was a Lesser Pecker.
However I saw it fly soon after - a GSW.

2 were heard searching the tree bark for insects (rather than drumming) and one was seen, and I managed to get a photo of it in the gloom.

A Treecreeper ,made an appearance (always a pleasing sight) near the Golf Club House - so the hour's outing was not at all bad really.

Better that I had expected anyway.
Some 'pictures' - amazed that the camera managed to focus on the birds at all.















Great Spotted Woodpecker Drumming.









No comments:

Post a Comment