Tuesday 12 June 2018

Bradshaw to Ogden circular

13:45 - 17:00

Another warm afternoon with clear skies to start but cloud bubbling up, becoming quite dark by the end of the walk.

From home I went along the path through Bradshaw Farms to Ned Hill Lane.

The Little Owl field has seen some workings taking place with soil being shifted about. No sign of the Little Owl(s) today.

From Ned Hill Lane I went along Ogden Lane and up Back Lane then I did a circuit of the water.

A few Large Gulls were coming and going with one in particular standing out.
I'll have to look at my birding books to see if I can ID it.
It's probably a Lesser Black-backed Gull though.

The circuit was quiet with Willow Warbler and Chiffchaff singing and a few long Tailed Tits calling as they moved along the passerine alley bushes.

There seemed to be good numbers of young Great Tits about.

A Black Headed Gull arrived as I left.

Going up through the back of the car park and through the plantation I noted just a pr. Curlew.

Approaching Soil Hill, it was boiling hot and no Whitethroat were singing this aft.

4 Swift were seen high overhead and the walk itself revealed about 5 Swallow in total.

A second pr. Curlew were flying about Soil Hill top.

A couple of Skylark and a few Meadow Pipit completed my Soil Hill birding extravaganza.

A Little Owl was seen on the homeward route via Percy Road, Taylor Lane and Bradshaw Lane.

A stroll up Bradshaw Lane late last evening revealed c12 Swift high up.

A big change in the weather ,from tomorrow evening, with gales and heavy rain forecast might drop something special in? We live in hope.





















No comments:

Post a Comment