Sunday 3 June 2018

Lytham St Annes & Hollingworth Lake

Just back from holidays with Emma, Abi and Abi's dad - now WE need a holiday to get over this one!

Keeping up to a 7 year old is becoming more difficult each holiday.

We took Emma and Abi to Lytham St. Annes for 3 days and Abi and her dad to Hollingworth Lake for 4 days.

Not a great deal of birding time available but I did pick up a few juicy birds.

Lytham St. Annes:

Reed Warbler, Marsh Harrier (no pics alas) and Hare stood out from the crowd.

Hollingworth Lake:

Buzzard, Swifts, Loads Of Heron, Lesser Black Backed Gulls, Pr. Tufted Duck, Sparrowhawk.
Common Tern and 
a 1st year Common Scoter (although it kept its distance)were pick of the pops here.

A few photos:

Lytham & Lytham St. Annes.







Hollingworth Lake:


























...… Interesting Lesser Black-backed Gulls:-




The above bird has more black on its bill.
And little hint of Red Eye Ring.



The above bird has less black on the bill and more Red Eye Ring showing
Although the photo aint great.

I've just got to decided how old these birds are.
I cannot find a match in my bird books
I'm thinking somewhere between 2cy & 3cy.

I could be talking out of my bottom - however!!







No comments:

Post a Comment