Wednesday 20 June 2018

Salterhebble to Sowerby Bridge (The June Blues)

14:20 - 16:20

I enjoyed a couple of hours walk along the canal from Salterhebble to Sowerby Bridge late afternoon today.

A breezy day with sunshine and some fluffy white clouds.

It's a good job I like walking because my June birding experiences, especially in woodland areas is very, very pedestrian so far.

Reservoirs seem to be the places to head for during these summer months.

Going along the canal, the water treatment works are completely obscured by trees and undergrowth - so nothing to see here today.
A family of Canada Geese were on the canal with a few Mallards here and there.


A detour from the massive viaduct, down to the river, did bring with it a few bird sp. though.

Birds:-

4 Chiffchaff, Heron, 1 Swift.

Families of Tit species could be heard and occasionally seen along the way.

I wonder how much a good fishing rod will cost me?

(Please stay tuned, my next Mega is only a few months away).








No comments:

Post a Comment