Sunday 19 August 2018

Ogden - Common Sand at last

16:30 - 19:00

Ogden to Bradshaw.


Dull with persistent drizzle clouds floating over from the west and bouts of very strong wind (not mine!).

Sue dropped me at Field Head Lane, where I enjoyed a chat with two friendly birders before I headed off towards the Golf Course area.
An hour here failed to produce much though, just Stock Dove, Goldfinch and Swallow about, which was disappointing.

17:30 Ogden Water.

The usual Gull sp. as far as I could see.
I've still to eyeball all my pics yet.
Whilst scanning the Gulls a small Wader dropped in by the water's edge - my elusive Common Sandpiper had paid me a visit at last!

The rest of the outing was uneventful.

A tiny newly fledged 'chick' was seen at the plantation and a Pheasant sat on a fence.

35+ Goldfinch along Coal Lane.
2 Kestrels seen from Ned Hill Track.
10 Common Gull feeding in the fields off Percy Road.

Tons of Swallow throughout.







This pretty Gull:
1st CY Lesser Black-backed Gull (I hope!)








Yuk - Ringby Top from below Soil Hill.





No comments:

Post a Comment