Thursday 14 December 2017

√Ogden to Bradshaw

14:05 - 16:10

After a shopping trip to Halifax this aft. Sue dropped me at Ogden so that I could get thoroughly soaked through.
The usual outing this aft. around the water, back along Ogden Lane, Syke Lane, up to and along Percy Road, down Taylor & Bradshaw Lane.

A pretty dull day with rain for 95% of the outing.

Ogden Water:

The usual small Gulls here, few at first, but there were Gulls arriving as I left, later.

A good few Mallards, but no bread lobbers.

I had an enjoyable chance meeting with DJS on the 'circuit' where he managed to drag a Kestrel out of the gloomy sky for me.
2 Goldcrest dropped into nearby trees as we were chatting.

Later, another enjoyable chance meeting, this time bumping into B.S. as I went along the prom.

As we were chatting a Cormorant circled overhead, unsure of which Fish Shop to visit for it's tea.

That was about it really.

The walk home was very wet.
 I looked a bit like a Guinness when I arrived home - dark and wet with a white frothy head.

With the poor weather of late I've turned my hand to inventing children's games - If I sold a lot of 'em Perhaps I could build a Mononpoly, and become rich, in my retirement.

A few stuntastic photos:-



Many a Mallard


Distant Common Gull in the gloom


Distant Black Headed Gull in the gloom


A quiet Ogden Water


A distant Cormorant in the gloom


Taylor Lane not relinquishing all the snow just yet.


Abigail's Treasure Hunt Game.

"The rules are too complicated for adults to understand"


Abigail's Scooter, Ice Cream Van and Cafe Game.

(Abigail's quote - On getting one on  the throw of the dice ).
One don't count for kids!


2 comments:

  1. Love your posts John. Good to meet up and have a chat. Those Goldcrests were a nice surprise. Hope the game goes well.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Dave.
    Good spot for Goldcrest - maybe we'll get a Firecrest this year!
    Still working on the rules for the game.
    Abigail will win - she always does!
    Enjoyed the chat.
    John

    ReplyDelete