Monday 26 March 2018

Hollingworth Lake & Foreside Lane - Ogden - Bradshaw

A busy, busy day today.

After taking Sue's dad to Birchencliffe Garden Centre, we had a run out to Hollingworth Lake.
Later I caught the 16:30 (ish) bus to Foreside Lane and enjoyed a good stroll around the moors to home.

Hollingworth Lake:

Birds:-
The usual birds were here today.

Black Headed Gull, Common Gull, Herring Gull, Lesser Black-backed Gull.
Canada Geese, Mallards, Cormorants, 6 Great Crested Grebe, Heron.
a good few Greenfinch, F Goosander, Pr Teal.

I managed to bag a lifer in the shape of the Glaucous Gull that has been here for a good while now.

The bird looked very lonely as it sat in the sunshine.

I have seen Siskin many times in the past, but a pleasing first for me today was identifying 3 distant Siskin in flight.

Foreside Lane - Ogden - Bradshaw.

16:45 - 19:15

Birds:

Curlew, Pr. Grey Partridge, Lapwing, Meadow Pipit, Skylark, 3 Red Grouse.
Green Woodpecker NE end of Ogden 'woods'
Pr. Goosander and a lone Female Goosander. Coal Tit

Brown Hare.

I'd better sit and have a good look through my photies now - a bit of a blog rush job this evening.

Thanks for reading the blog, it is very much appreciated.

Hollingworth Lake:















G


Foreside Lane etc:










When is a dead Heron, not a dead Heron?


2 comments:

  1. Great shots of the G-Gull and Cormorant John and you've gone and done it again with the Green Woodpecker I'm still hoping to get a decent shot of one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lucky with the Pecker Dave.
    I know roughly where to look and I luckily disturbed the bird as I walked down off the moor.
    John

    ReplyDelete