Sunday 8 April 2018

Lightcliffe, Priestley Green & Coley areas

10:00 - 12:00 & 12:30 - 14:00

With Sue taking Abigail to Spenborough Swimming baths today, I had some time to myself.

I found the woodland birding a bit of hard graft today - the moors seem a lot easier!

I walked from Coach Road top through Priestley Green and up to Coley Church, retraced my steps then stopped at the Lightcliffe Tea Rooms for a Bacon & Mushroom butty.

After-scran I headed down Coach Road ( my last go for Lesser P.  before the leaves arrive) I also had a good nosey around St. Giles Road area, after following the drumming of a GSW there.

Usual birds about on the first half of the outing including:-

Pr. Mistle Thrush, Nuthatch, Pr. Stock Doves.

Half way up the Coley Church walled bridleway,there was a right old racket going on.
It sounded like 2 Tawny Owls having a fall out!!
Then again I could be completely off the mark.

I had a good scan about when I arrived at the spot, but I did not see any birds here.
I tried to get the 'noise' on video, but I only managed the last bit, they had kissed and made up soon after.

The after-scran outing faired a bit better:-

2 Mistle Thrush, 3 singing Chiffchaff.
Nuthatch calling throughout.
3 Drumming Great Spotted Woodpecker.
Pr. Bullfinch.

I spotted a M.Blackcap deep in the small bushes along Coach Road.
Shortly afterwards, in the same place, a F Bullfinch appeared.
This led me to  think that my M Blackcap could have been this F.Bullfinch.
After a 20 minute wait the M.Blackjack appeared, sang for a few seconds and dropped deep into the bushes.
So I was happy now, with my original ID.

The only downside was that I didn't manage a picture, which was a bit disappointing.

Not a bad day out.

Any spelling mistakes are due to this PREDICTIVE TEXT!!!!  I cannot seem to turn the buggar off.











'The' video


No comments:

Post a Comment