Friday 3 July 2015

Soil Hill

13:00 - 15:15 [Friday]

A trip to Soil Hill late this 'aft and a nice chance meeting with Daniel who was at the bottom of Soil Hill track.

After a good natter, I left to go up the track and half way up, a shout brought me to a standstill.
"Red Kite" was the holler!!
Cheers Daniel for the shout - I don't think I'd have seen it so far up in the sky!

I dropped some Nyger Seed and at least the Skylark seemed to be interested in it. Next month Twite!!

On such a lovely hot day I did not expect to see a lot with most birds keeping cool I guess - the most numerous sp. was bee. 
Bees were everywhere on the clover, and I had to be careful not to stand on them.

The usual Skylark and Meadow Pipit were in abundance and there were plenty of Swift(10+) and a couple of Swallow with 3 or 4 Linnet. (I.m not good with ID'ing flying Linnet).

In the pines at the bottom of Soil Hill track a secretive bird - a Dunnock I think.


I only saw a solitary Whitethroat  this trip (4 last time) it was making a throaty call from small bushes on the west slope.

Other than a Woodpigeon and an unknown, on the lower pond, there was not a lot moving about.

Even so it was a very enjoyable 2 hours in a very picturesque  place  with the clover and different wild flowers in bloom.












I'm sure it  was here when I pressed the button









Elusive Whitethroat



Could be a Moorhen then again not!"



In the pine trees at the bottom of Soil Hill track - Dunnock I guess

New fangled combined harvester c1930


No comments:

Post a Comment