Friday 21 October 2016

Bradshaw and Oats Royd & Ring-necked Parakeet

14:00 - 16:20

I enjoyed the usual walk down to and around Oats Royd on a cool calm afternoon.
I enjoyed a chat with Jack down at O.R. who gave me some history of the place.

On the way down a lady mentioned that she has been seeing the Ring-necked Parakeet on and off since April.
It won't go on the bird table but will take grapes from her window sill!

3 Redwing were in trees near the farm as I left Bradshaw Park.

Oats Royd:

Oats Royd was very quiet today.
4 Moorhen, a calling Green Woodpecker, 2pr. Mallard, Kestrel.
2 Bullfinch , heard and a 3rd seen.
Wren, Heron & Mistle Thrush was about it.

While I was on the Calderdale Way Path, the Parakeet called frequently from the farm I'd passed earlier.
Of course, when I got back to the farm, the calls had ceased.
I hung about for a while and I was rewarded with a short sighting of the bird in the trees.

A few minutes later the bird called loudly before it flew off towards the Holdsworth tree line.

I managed a photo as it vamoosed but it's only just recognisable!

It was pleasing to see c10 Long Tailed Tit feeding along the bushes on Bradshaw Lane.











Ring-necked Parakeet - a long, long way off


Ring-necked Parakeet - above picture cropped - it is a green dot below the pylon!!





No comments:

Post a Comment