Saturday 10 December 2016

Bradshaw - Soil Hill

14:30 - 16:10

It was Christmas Tree day today so I was house bound with Abigail and Emma for most of the daylight hours.

I managed to slope off for an hour or two late afternoon.

With the light fading so early now, I decided to take a walk up and around Soil Hill.

I bumped into B.S. up there, as we both tried to squeeze something exciting out of the remaining light.

I failed miserably, with Soil Hill revealing a few Corvids, a smattering of small gulls in the fields below the north side and 3 Mallard and a Moorhen, in the gloom, on the lower (NK) pond.

No sign of Stonechat or Snow Bunt. but we put some birdseed down just in case.

Taylor Lane was a bit better with the Grey Wagtail feeding in the drain by the midden and a Kestrel was perched on a pole, 2 fields over.

No sign of a Little Owl here, but I did locate one on the 'combined harvester'.

Ned Hill Track (15:30) had just a Wren,  and lots of Gulls were heading over to Oxenhope for the night.

Raggalds Flood had a bit of water in it with a solitary Mallard just visible - could have been others, it was in darkness.


A Little Owl called as I went home along Bradshaw Lane (16:00) in the dark.




Reminds me of "Kick a can run" Brewery Lane Top, Ambler Thorn 1963

























2 comments:

  1. I keep trying to spot that Grey Wagtail but no joy yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just around the first sharp bend in the water to the right edge of the lane, is where I get it Dave.

    Hope the Christmas deliveries don't stop your pics coming through!!
    John




    ReplyDelete