Friday 9 December 2016

Leeming Reservoir

13:30 - 14:45

I had a run out to Leeming Reservoir, Oxenhope this aft.
It was a 'night' day today with awful light for photos.
It rained for most of the visit but my spirits were lifted a bit by the sighting of a Drake Teal.

As per usual, it was far out on the reservoir in the gloom.
I resorted to the 'hand held night shot' setting on my camera to see if this would help.

There were 43 small gulls on the reservoir when I arrived and next to non when I left, gone to roost most prob?

A Cormorant, with an unusually long neck (or was it my imagination) was fishing.

Not a lot else, save the usual Mallard gang.

2 Cock Pheasant and a Hen Pheasant were in the fields as I walked the higher path.

A scan of the walls, here, brought with it a reward of 4 bedraggled
looking Red Legged Partridge.

Leaving the reservoir a Mistle Thrush called angrily as a Kestrel landed nearby on a telegraph pole.

It might be mild (12 degrees) but can we have some sun?
I drove home with my headlights on at 14:45!










This duck was on it's own on the water - just thought it might be a F. Teal but it's a Mallard.




Some distant bedraggled Red Legged Partridge - the photo helping to make them look even more bedraggled!!



A Kestrel in the gloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment