Saturday 29 April 2017

Soil Hill Mystery and Shibden Park (earlier on)


The usual Saturday ritual, Shibden Park with Emma and Abigail.

The usual birds about:-

Moorhen, Coot, Mute Swan, Heron - very tame.

Soil Hill 14:35 - 16:45

A trip up and around Soil Hill brought with it a mystery bird (at least for me) seen at a great distance.

As I tried for a better photograph, I had to negotiate some bushes and loose sight of the bird, needless to say when I emerged from the foliage the bird had gone.

I waited for over 30 minutes to see if it would re-appear so I could get a decent look at it, but no joy.

Anyway, it gave me a while to relax in the cool but dry weather.

Looking at the photos, now, at home, the bird looks extremely like a Meadow Pipit. 
At the time the bird looked Dunlin sized and was to large for a Meadow Pipit and too 'relaxed' if that makes any sense!

Anyway I've posted all the pics (as bad as they are) in case anyone wants to put me out of my misery.
Any chance its a mega distant Grey Partridge?

I haven't disclosed the exact location - just in case.

Other birds:

2 Pied Wagtail accompanied me all the way up the main track, keeping 40 yds in front of me.

Pr. Linnet, 2 Lapwing patrolling on the tops, many more down by the shay.
3 Mallard on the lower NK pond.
Usual contingent of singing Skylark and Meadow Pipit.
F. Reed Bunting.

Ned Hill Track - Home.

Pr. Linnet, Willow Warbler, Mistle Thrush and a few others.

Shibden Park:






Bradshaw - Soil Hill:







Stunning 'Mystery Bird' pics:




Cropped from Above








Cropped from above






No comments:

Post a Comment