Saturday 7 April 2018

Local outing

14:30 - 17:05

A 'look see' around my local area this afternoon.
Calm, mild and dry and extremely dull, making photos very dark.

A very pleasing traipse about though.

Birds:-

Regards Flood:-

Tufted Duck(Drake), pr. Redshank, pr. Canada Geese, pr. Mallard.

A Greylag Goose was in a field, just visible,behind the rusty ironwork here.

The bird is probably domesticated?
But I've not seen Greylag here before, that I can remember.

Elsewhere:-

2 birds that appeared to be Swallow high > N flying very fast.

I managed a mega distant poor picture of the birds.
Looking at the picture, they don't look very Swallow like, but the picture is very, very poor and cropped they look like a couple of black dots!!

6 Stock Dove, Skylark, Meadow Pipit, Curlew, Herring Gull and Lesser Black-backed Gull over.

3 Little Owl, Lapwing, 3 Kestrel, pr. of Oystercatcher, Moorhen.

Female Wheatear.

A real delight to see the Wheatear a really lovely bird to see.

Pied Wagtail, Mistle Thrush.


Pr. Little Owl








2 'Swallow' miles away


Black Dots



















2 comments:

  1. Nice one with the Little Owls John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave.
    I was sure I had a Swallow, but the pics don't look the part.
    Could be I saw Swallow but snapped something else if course.
    John

    ReplyDelete