Saturday 7 May 2016

Bradshaw – Raggalds Flood – Soil Hill – Bradshaw.

16:20 – 18:20
On the look out for Dotterel.

I had a good stroll about late afternoon. The weather was pleasant with a cooling breeze.

Raggalds Flood was bereft of birds and water.

I had a good look around the north side  of Soil Hill, taking in some areas that I’ve not visited before.

Things were mighty quiet today but a fleeting glimpse of a skittish Whitethroat in the north side hedgerow brightened things a bit.

A bit of a muddy ‘pond’ has formed in the ugly quarry workings, below the north side. Scanning with the bins 2 fields beyond this ‘pond’ I picked out a  ‘blackbird’ way off . It flew 20 yds and landed then 10 mins later flew again and landed. I waited about for a good while but could not ID it.
Looking at the very poor picture - it could be a Snipe but it looks too small?

I was thinking maybe Ring Ouzel are breeding down there.

Ned Hill Track was unusually disappointing.

At least I got back before this rain that’s falling now.

The usual stuff about again:-

Moorhen,Lapwing, Meadow Pipit, Skylark, Woodpigeon , Pr. Mallard over, 3 Swallow.
A Pied Wagtail was on the quarry workings to the north east – I don’t usually see them here.
Ah well – better luck next time out.



Today's megga distant unid





Any Ideas?











No comments:

Post a Comment