Thursday 28 July 2016

Bradshaw to Ogden circular


18:15 – 20:30

I had Itchy feet this afternoon and after drying out a bit from my Oxenhope jaunt I donned the waterproofs and took a hike.

Although the sky remained black for a lot of the time the rain never came and my perspiration levels were grim by the time I got back home.

I was determined to fine something at Ogden so I checked out each and every duck so much so that I think I’m suffering from a new disease – Mallard Eye.

A dark green dragonfly was a first for me.

Birds:

50 Black Headed Gull, 2 Lesser Black-backed Gull,3 Common Gull,10 Canada Geese.
Great Spotted Woodpecker calling. Pheasant.
Mallards and Woodpigeons galore – must be a record year for Woodpigeon?

In addition there were lots of Gulls in the fields opposite the Moorlands Pub.


A Green Woodpecker flew high towards Swalesmoor as I headed home.

Better luck next time out




Common Gull


Mallard Hybrid



Juv. Lesser Black-backed Gull



Common Gull



I think this is a Juv. Common Gull (rather than a Juv. Black Headed Gull)



Gulls in the fields opposite the Moorlands Pub:-






Some creepy skies looking towards Ogden from Ingham Lane Top



No comments:

Post a Comment