Friday 14 September 2018

Dripping Sandwitch

A trip around the local reservoirs today - Leeshaw, Leeming and Ogden.
My timing at Leeshaw and Leeming was poor, being caught in very heavy downpours at both reservoirs.

Arriving at Ogden Visitors centre I looked like a dripping sandwich.
After a coffee and a choc bar I was soon dry again.
Ogden faired better with circuit completed in mostly dry weather.

Not a lot about.

Leeshaw 11:30.

A suspected Merlin dashed past as I got out of the car - no pic again!

Others:-

A solitary Lapwing was on the shoreline.
Usual Gull sp. as far as I could tell.
3 Cormorant.
Greylag Geese.
Canada Geese.
Kestrel.
Meadow Pipit.
Pheasant.
Solitary Swallow.

Leeming 12:55

10 Tufted Duck.
Usual Gull sp.
F. Bullfinch.
Jay.

Ogden 14:40

4 Tufted Duck.
2 Little Grebe.
Cormorant.
Coal Tit.
Usual Gull sp.

Leeshaw:




Leeming:






Scaup-like Tufted Duck.

Ogden:








No comments:

Post a Comment