Wednesday 5 October 2022

Leemimg Reservoir - Oxenhope

A wet and windy morning was followed by a wet but improving afternoon.

I chanced my arm with a short drive over to Leeming, not being able to deal with the cornucopia of birds at Ogden, today.

My timing was pretty good because after an early shower the weather was pretty ok and only one dog walker seen. Mind you there were few birds for dogs to disturb!

Tons of water smashing down the intake stream, which is a blessing.

Not much on the drink but the surrounding bushes were alive with birds.

My camera and the birds, though, must have fallen out over something, they were not in sync at all. 

Top of the shop was a flock of c40 Siskin that flew over calling, they dropped down out of sight - they did this 3 times and when I got to the area where I though they may be - they weren't!

Some Birds:-

2 Grey Wagtail, c40 Siskin, 2 Pied Wagtail.

2 Cormorant, 3 Tufted Duck, 1 Greylag Goose, 1 Canada Goose.

2 Jay, 2 Kestrel.

5 Bullfinch - 2 seen plus 3 heard.

I find Bullfinch really difficulty to pick out in the bushes.

Long Tailed Tit, Goldcrest, Goldfinch.

Chaffinch, Chiffchaff (No Call, Quite a prominent eye ring), Wren.

and a few other sp.




Siskin using auto-contrast to see how many in the photo.



No comments:

Post a Comment