Tuesday 7 May 2024

Bradshaw - Soil Hill and back

I had my ears lowered this a.m. followed by cleaning (! on a sunny day, mein gott, keine gute Idee , Fritz).

After lunch I headed off to explore Soil Hill, the earlier quite cold wind had me fooled (a one off that - I'm not often fooled)  and I regretted wearing a nice woolly, when the sun popped out and the heat arrived, big style.

The woolly did not enjoy the outing much, stuffed in me small sack.

Mid-afternoon and it turned out impressively warm for Soil Hill, and the trudge up from the bottom of the north slope was a wee doddle (yeah).

I was hoping for a  Wedge Sarbler down there. 

One bird did fly low into the bushes, not to be located , but other than that no dice.

Lots of bird calls but nothing much moving, save, Willow Warblers.

An enjoyable, if sweaty, outing. 

( Good job I'd put some eau de colon on me sweaty bits earlier).

Birds:-

5 Pheasant (nearly stood on one, good for the bowels).

4 Swallow (Going to nest in the building at the bottom of Taylor Lane?).

2 Greenfinch. 2 Stock Dove. 3 Linnet. 5 Skylark.

5 Willow Warbler. 3 Whitethroat.

Lapwing. 1 Reed Bunting. 3 Curlew.

5 Magpie in the trees next to NK pond ugh!

6 or so Meadow Pipit... 

..... one Large ? Pipit in a tree looked ...... different? Seems to have a pronounced supercilium  -  see what you think.

1 Pied Wagtail. 3 Rook.

1 Large Gull over the house.

and a few other sp.













3 photos of one Large ? Pipit in a tree 













No comments:

Post a Comment