Sunday 5 May 2024

Garden and Late Soil Hill Walk

A lovely warm sunny day today and after a BIG shop following our week away, I sat in the garden doing  the Xword and looking skyward.

After a late tea I had a late walk along the boggy Bradshaw Field path, through the farms up Ned Hill Road, along Ned Hill track to the diagonal path up to Soil Hill Top.

A short nosy about and back home via Taylor Lane - dark when I got in.

The weather made up for my birding today!

Top of the shop were  3 Whitethroats along Soil Hill west path (mostly).

A large "Back Bird" flew overhead as I went down Bradshaw Lane in the dusk - looked Cormorant like at first but not sure now - photo's rubbish!!!

See what you think.

I was hoping for a "chat"  with "winn" but she didn't talk to me.

Birds:-

Garden:

2 Greenfinch, 4 Mallard, 2 Buzzard, 1 Large Distant Gull and a few Swallow and a few singers.

Soil Hill Walk:

Usual stuff.

Mallard with 6 ducklings on NK pond with a Moorhen.

Chiffchaff, Willow Warbler, Stock Dove.

4 Meadow Pipit. Skylark, Pheasant.

3 Whitethroat - loud but very elusive.

1 Large Gull.









Mallard on NK pond.
Looks a tad Gadwall like on this photo - as if!


Above Large Gull high > sw over Soil Hill.
Below Large Black (Duck?) over Bradshaw Lane.





No comments:

Post a Comment