Saturday 8 June 2024

A busy day

Abi and her school friend to entertain today included trips to Heckmondwike , Birstall, Huddersfield and Wakefield... tooooooooo many miles, but that's it for a good while.

Three games of 10 pin bowling in Huddersfield, was ok once I got used to being beaten by a 14 year old.

We watched them play pool (of sorts) and some electronic car chase thingy. 

A busy Macdonalds's for late lunch and then listening to some radio station to send the aged,  doolalley along the way in the car.

This morning, awaiting her ladyship's arrival from the upper quarters of our mansion, I grabbed some birding time sitting (well wrapped up ) in the garden.

I was told to 'wrap up' - I think it meant put some warm clothing on  - could be mistaken.

Anyway.... a few birds did come by now and then , blown along on this cold, strong wind.

Birds:-

7 Large Gulls in ones passed Oats Royds.

C10 Geese sized birds? very high and distant SE seen in the bins.

When I took the bins off them amazingly. as I looked through the photos ,  I did get them in the camera, but the photo is rubbish!! 

Looking at the photo now they could actually be Gulls?

2 Swift.

Pied Wagtail.

Dunnock.

3 Goldfinch.

Jackdaw.

Coat Tit.

House Sparrow.

Some Gulls were over a mown field as we passed the top of Clifton, on our way to Heckmondwike.















No comments:

Post a Comment