Sunday, 9 August 2026

Bradshaw - Soil Hill - Ogden Water

12:30 - 16:25

There was a fire yesterday afternoon / evening on the hill north of Crabtree Hall Farm, Bradshaw to Ned Hill Road bottom.
The Fire Brigade were still there this afternoon as I came home along the Bradshaw Fields.
Large water hoses ran along Perseverance Road from near the mast fields to reach the burning area.

This afternoon I enjoyed a walk to Ogden Water via Soil Hill.
A breezy, dull, humid kind of day.

Ogden was 'covered in Gulls' and the ones on the west side kept taking to the air, noisly,  in unison but I did not spot the reason why.

A long tedious hunt along the shoreline for B.S,'s Common Sandpiper, seen here recently, proved fruitless - It's probably here but probably 40% of the shoreline remains hidden or almost hidden,  by foliage.

Some Birds:-

2 Buzzard.
2 Willow Warbler.
c20 Swallow.
Moorhen.
2 Skylark (Soil Hill).
Rook.
c10 Herring Gull.
c400 Lesser Black-backed Gull.
c80 Black Headed Gull.
4 Common Gull.
c20 Mistle Thrush.
Raven.
Pied Wagtail.
Cormorant.
Stock Dove.

Saturday - 8th.

I had a non birding walk on Saturday that took me past the Raggalds where a solitary Lapwing was in the Raggalds Flood field.
(There is a large puddle on the NW roadside, which presumably is a leak from underground -  which might bring something down later on).

I had a short walk up the local fields Saturday evening ...

Birds:-

Buzzard.
3 Little Owl.
6 Linnet.
6 Goldfinch.
8 Mistle Thrush.

A Bat was inspecting my vino collapso, at dusk,  as I sat in the garden later. 

Today:-













Saturday:









No comments:

Post a Comment