Monday, 28 September 2026

Bradshaw - Soil Hill Top - Ogden Water - Bradshaw Farms

8:45 - 13:00

A coolish, silent start to the day - got quite HOT by lunchtime.
I had a very enjoyable stroll up to and over Soil Hill Top around Ogden Water and home via Crabtree Hall Farm track.
Hardly a breeze on Soil Hill and it was quiet as a mouse with lovely scenery.
I enjoyed my obligatory coffee and Yorkie Bar ( No Twix on offer again!) with volunteers  Pat and Steve.
I did one circuit of the water eyeballing B.S's Widgeon pair , that he reported were here this a.m.
I'm either a rubbish birder or the earlier 8 Teal had left - probably the first option and I just didn't see 'em. 
I May have got one Teal , very distant on the west side - seen from the prom. but the photo is poor - see what you think.

Got home, made mesen a chicken salad, mowed the lawn then did a quick rendition of Danny Farrell as I made my coffee.
Sat roasting in the garden for a while.

I'm a bit late posting this .... someone forced me to go for a beer in The Fleece in Bradshaw this evening -  as  if.

Birds:-

Taylor Lane to Ogden Water.

c30 Common Gull and 1 Black Headed Gull on Percy Road.
Kestrel.
A few Meadow Pipit and Linnet.
8 Goldfinch and 6 Skylark on Soil Hill Top,
Chaffinch and Long Tailed Tit.

Ogden Water to Home.

c80 Small and c60 Large Gulls.
4 Cormorant, Raven, 2 Nuthatch, Buzzard,
Little Grebe,
3 Chiffchaff. Siskin.
Pr. Wigeon.
A Kestrel was being plagued by a pair of Jackdaw nearer home.

 


Skylark.






Maybe a Teal - Maybe a Mallard??











No comments:

Post a Comment