Thursday, 3 September 2026

Ogden Water

13:50 -16:00.

After a busy morning I eventually got out birding with a drive over to Ogden mid afternoon.

A windy, cloudy, dull outing with the odd spot of rain.

I walked through the conifers and over Back Lane, before doing just one circuit of the water - which was quite sufficient.

I did lots of scanning the shoreline with the bins but nothing new popped up - I enjoyed the outing none-the-less.

I was scanning C30 Swallows that were zooming low over the back lane fields when a Stoat  popped its head up, popped it back down again, jumped up and down a bit then disappeared - like they do.

The Swallow were so low I was wondering if the Stoat would try and nab one - but it didn't in the short period I watched.

Birds:-

c30 Swallow.

c20 Goldfinch.

Treecreeper.

8 Cormorant.

c250 Gulls - c100 on the water and c150 on the shoreline.

(I did not eyeball anything special in amongst them - probably).

Great Spotted Woodpecker.

2 Chiffchaff.



Above Gull - Interesting - Maybe?
Probably Herring Gull.










2 comments: