Tuesday 6 December 2016

Round and About

13:00 - 14:15

An hour or so walk about today.

On Taylor Lane a Little Owl was calling but I did not eyeball it.

A Mistle Thrush landed on a post near the 'Cuckoo' tree.

2 Mistle Thrush were having an argument across the fields behind the farm there.

A Grey Wagtail was 100 yds further along, by the midden.

A stroll along Perseverance Road to the 'Combined Harvester' proved worthwhile because the Little Owl was once again in residence.
I wish it could fly a flag - then I'd know whether to search for it or not.

I gave Soil Hill a miss today.

I had a walk down to the Raggalds 'Flood'.
It was bereft of birds and in need of a good downpour.

A large flock of 77 Lapwing took an age to decide where to land as they circled around above Old Guy Road.

They decided on the Pit Lane football pitch in the end.

An enjoyable, if short, outing.

After yesterday's blog, where my potential ' 2 Megas', disappeared faster than my wallet, near a collection box; today had no potential mega's at all.

But we all make mistakes, as the Hedgehog said jumping down, off the scrubbing brush.

Pool/Snooker tonight - last times effort had me 5 nil up to loose 5 - 6!!



























2 comments:

  1. Like the joke John, nice one. You did well spotting owt today mate, well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave.😅😅
    John

    ReplyDelete