Tuesday 5 August 2014

Ogden (Oats Royd earlier).

16:30 – 18:45

An overcast evening with the usual culprits on the water. 

The juv. GCG was at the prom.  end of the Res. at the start of my tour but I did not spot it on my return.

The outing reminded me of my first holiday in torremolinos, 30 odd years ago, Picked up a few birds but no stunners.

I thought I heard a faint call of a Green Woodpecker on the way up to Giants Tooth otherwise deadsville up there.

A few swallows over the prom.

Things did pick up with a Goldcrest taking a bath and a juv. Willow Warbler both allowing me a pic.
A Chiffchaff gave me the run around before sodding off without giving me a photo.
Plenty of D.A’s on the pond – at least the ducks were happy. 
(That reminds me I need a haircut). 
With a few others that was my lot this evening.


A very, very quick squint at Oats Royd, earlier gave me a glance of 2 juv. Reed Bunting a Jay a Greenfinch and a Moorhen.









4 comments:

  1. Unusual shot of a drenched Goldcrest and cracking shot of Willow Warb.
    The Picked up a few birds but no stunners must be the quote of the year, its usually NK that comes out with something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bri.
      NK often comes out with a gem or two.

      (I wasn't a stunner myself , 30 years ago I'm afraid, -I'm a lot more handsome now though).
      John

      Delete
  2. Believe it or not Reed Bunting is a very good record for Oats Royd, especially if they bred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No picture unfortunately.
    I was surprised to see them.
    John

    ReplyDelete