Wednesday 6 August 2014

Raggalds & Fly Flatts

Raggalds 10:00 – 12:30

I was treated to very heavy and prolonged showers for my visit today.

Birds:-

Usual Gull sp. Kestrel, Willow Warbler singing during a sunny interlude, 2 Cormorant, Juv. GCG and Song Thrush and many a Robin was all I could muster this morning.

Fly Flatts 14:30 – 16:00

With such a poor show at Ogden this morning I decided to get out the Renault Unleaded Petrol Burning machine once more and head off to Fly Flatts.

A very strong wind from the West (ish) greeted me but no rain thankfully.

The scenery up there is breathtakingly beautiful with the heather now in full bloom.

Birds:-

2 Kestrel, Meadow Pipit, 5 Wheatear, 2 Curlew, 8 Lapwing, many a Canada Goose and a bonus a Barnacle Goose.

Also a possible Shoveler a long way off - please see pic.


No Waders for me unfortunately but see:-











Shoveler?








2 comments:

  1. Shoveler,s an eclipse Mallard I,m afraid. If you.d have gone this morning you,d have had a Scoter, see Calderbirds,
    Glad you got the Barnacle and a headless Song Thrush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my doubts because it was so far off.

    Headless ST takes some beating.
    What about NK 's hike.
    Some mileage that in the heavy rain!
    Cheers
    John

    ReplyDelete