Thursday 30 October 2014

Royds Hall Dam & Ogden


Cleaning day today so a late kick off.
Sue is getting restless so her foot must be on the mend.
Another few days and the stitches and bandage are replaced by a big boot, so my Walpoling days are numbered. I best make the most of it while I can.

Royds Hall Dam

With the poor weather and with B.S. report yesterday mentioning Royds Hall Dam, I decided I’d go have a look see. My first visit here and it took a bit of finding.

Birds:-

2 Mute Swan, 4 Cygnet. 55 Canada Goose.

5 Moorhen, 30 Coot, Cormorant, 3 Jay.

5 Tufted Duck, 2 GCG, Little Grebe, GSW, 60 BHG.

On the way home I called at the trailer park but was unimpressed with the footpath (or lack thereof) so I went to Ogden.

Ogden:

Action replay of previous visits.

2 Cormorant, GCG, 2 Woodpigeon on the shoreline, Coal Tit, 4 Chaffinch, Blue & Great Tit in good numbers, Goldfinch, Goldcrest, Nuthatch, Dunnock.

Royds Hall Dam:-













Ogden:-


Today's post




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for checking out Royd Hall John. Some good pics there. Shame the yellow bills had gone.

    ReplyDelete