Thursday 27 November 2014

Fogged Off

Dense fog at Bradshaw this morning so I had a change from visiting Soil Hill or Ogden and decided (after calling in at Queensbury M.O.T for a chat with B.S.) to go down to sea level – Brighouse.

I had a walk by the canal, river and the lagoon at Cromwell Bottom Nature Reserve.

Usual suspects:-

Robin, Wren, BHG, LTT, Blue Tit, Great Tit, Coal Tit, Dunnock.

3 Jay, 3F 1M Pheasant, F. Goosander, Moorhen, Mallard, Dipper, M. Bullfinch, Goldcrest.

As I went around the circuit I spotted 5 Cormorant and as I was leaving for home 12 Cormorant was roosting on the pylon.
Must be a lot of fish in the River Calder.

I was looking to take a picture of a small bird nearby when another bird flew through the camera shot, a quick look and it turned out to be a Blackbird. 
By now the small bird had gone but a “Woodpigeon” had landed high in the tree 20 feet in front of me. Having nothing better to do I decided to take it’s picture ,so I pointed the camera but too late the Sparrowhawk flew away.

Today's book: "The Cannibal Story" by Henrietta Mann.



All quiet on the lagoon as far as I could see.



Today's Post






I've included all the Cormorant Pics below:-
 in case there is something other than a Cormorant lurking
- apologies for  the quality of the pics.










1 comment:

  1. Glad you found a fog less spot John. You,re doing well on the Dippers lately

    ReplyDelete