Friday 19 December 2014

Mixenden


Granddaughter swimming day today so a response to a text from B.S. re: some exciting stuff at Mixenden (6 Whooper Swan, GND & Oystercatcher) had to wait for a bit.

When I got back from Brighouse, I managed a very quick dash up to Mixenden at 15:00 (ish) with no boots and no gloves - bit of a mistake.
As I walked up the path from the main road, between the school and Res. wall, I heard the Oystercatcher call but alas did not see it.

I managed to get some half descent photos of the Whooper Swan before the light faded.

The Gt. Northern Diver was near the middle of the Res. and with the fading light it was difficult to get a decent photo.

Nice to speak to Ian from Bradford who was up there trying to get some snaps of the GND – his third attempt this week I believe – hope you had some good fortune Ian.

(The west path is very boggy at the moment and like a river in places so I must remember the boots next time I rush off!).


Thanks to the birding grapevine and to B.S. for the text.










6 comments:

  1. Well done again John,wonderful pictures of the Whoopers, I hope they hang around but past experience has seen them go as quickly as they arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers.It was nice to find them still there.
    The ones I had at Ogden soon left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased you got there in time to see them before the light faded. We were there earlier but I had left my camera home though we came from the Stodfold end and the light was terrible looking towards the Swans in the far corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greats pics John, glad you managed it in time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all - for the comments and the lowdown on the birds.
    John

    ReplyDelete