Monday 30 March 2015

Coach Road, Raggalds Flood & Soil Hill

Coach Road
10:40
I had my optimistic head on this morning so I had a trip to Coach Road looking for LSW.

A good long, slow saunter around did not bring me any nearer to  my quarry though.

Birds:-

3 Jay, 6 Greenfinch, Chiffchaff, 3 Nuthatch, Song Thrush, 2 Mistle Thrush, GSW and others.

Raggalds Flood / Soil Hill

13:30

After my usual Caviar, tripe and gravy sandwich for lunch, I ventured up the road to have a look at the Raggalds flood. There is quite a bit of water in there at the moment and lots more to come according to the weather forecast. However there was just ONE crow on the wall and nowt else!
I walked up perseverance road and continued ahead at the first bend. Here on the right a good count (for me) of c20 Meadow Pipit keeping low in the grass trying to avoid the never ending gale force winds up here.

On the top, Heron making a quick exit, a Pheasant knocking about and a solitary Lapwing was sat on the very apex of the hill.
A couple of Meadow Pipit completed a typical Soil Hill jaunt.

I left the hill via Ned Hill Track but there was no sign of Wheatear.

I haven’t  got a Linnet yet this year – is it me?


These wind turbines must be good value for money – another on has just appeared.









*******************************************************************************





1 comment:

  1. Not the best of days for Soil Hill.
    3 pr Mallard on the flood this evening.
    I,ve yet to get a Linnet.

    ReplyDelete