Tuesday 3 March 2015

Ogden to Bradshaw

12:35 – 14:30

After another snowy morning I decided to go for my usual jaunt this afternoon.

I started from the road near the golf course with a near gale force NNW wind. Things soon improved though, and once over the promenade the wind disappeared.

Nothing much happening with only one or two small birds seen - Blue Tit, Great Tit and only 2 Robin. I had a mosey upstream looking for the Dipper but without success. 
(I guess they could be nesting now, although this cold weather might be a delaying factor).

The highlight of a lack lustre day was when I stood for a good 10 mins. trying to locate the origin of the faintest song from some bushes in front of me, only to find that the song was from a very petite  Robin, stood on a post, only a few inches from my hand. I rummaged in the rucksack and found it some biscuit which it gladly accepted before disappearing.

On the water there were C20 Small Gulls with 7 Canada Geese at the North end with the Barnacle Goose. Don’t know what a Canada – Barnacle hybrid would look like, but we may be seeing one this summer.

On the walk home just a few Woodpigeon, Collard Dove & a fly past of c20 Starlings. 

In the large trees opposite the house there was a Pr, of Collard Dove.

The Mistle Thrush paid us a visit during a snow shower earlier this morning.

Since I’ve got home the weather seems to be picking up – roll on spring.


Pool tonight with neighbour John – I have lost the last three tournaments by one game each time - think I’ll have to spike his drink ……………. now where did I put that Spike…..




A quiet Ogden Water



Some new ironwork


The last snow of the winter??


Miss dependable



A strange light at times today




Ingham Lane looking towards Swalesmoor

2 comments: