Monday 5 October 2015

Leeshaw - 5 min stop


I did not have much time for the birds today but we had to visit Skipton, late afternoon, and Sue was kind enough to call at Leeshaw Reservoir in the gathering gloom at 17:45.
Although Sue never left the car, she immediately spotted a Little Owl sitting on a fence post across the fields.(I doubt that I would have seen it).

I had a 5 min. wander about but most of the birds would have gone to roost by now I guess.
There were just 1 Cormorant on the valve tower, a few small gulls with 2 LBBG, 2 Canada Geese and a couple of Mallard present.







3 comments:

  1. Been a poor do at Leeshaw this year, lets hope winter brings the geese in

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't do it justice today Bri. but it's been quiet on previous visits.
    Thanks for the comment Dave

    ReplyDelete