Saturday 10 October 2015

Soil Hill and back

10:00 – 11:45

I had a quick jaunt around Soil Hill this morning in a light east breeze with mist rising from the Thornton valley.
I dropped some more Snow Bunt. jock but no deal on the Snow Bunt.
Leaving home 2 Mistle Thrush was in the trees. 
No winter thrushes yet but I guess they may go for trees with berries at the moment.

I kept an eye out for Ring Ouzel as I walked along the path but Soil Hill was dead quiet with  just a pr Mallard, c5 Meadow Pipit, 1 Kestrel, 1 Skylark and 5 Linnet over ( I think they were Linnet).
15 Canada Geese flew low, towards Ogden later seen feeding in the Coal Lane area fields and a Moorhen was on the lower (NK) pond.
Magpie were everywhere today with at least 15 seen.
A Weasel was in the Ned Hill Track wall and the Little Owl was in the trees below.
A Blue Tit was in the pines opposite Soil Hill main track and
coming down Taylor lane a Goldfinch was on the wires.
There were 8 Common Gull in the Bradshaw fields.

Nearing home I had a short walk up the track that goes from the bottom of the Bonnet (the old bus terminus cobbles area) towards Roper Lane.
There were just a few Woodpigeon and Jackdaw knocking about.


Not much visible skyward either.

Better luck next time out.






Canada Geese over Thornton









2 comments: