Tuesday 1 December 2015

When will the rain stop?


We had Abigail at our house over the week-end and it was a sad occasion yesterday when I attended the funeral of my old boss Brian Taylor.
He was the finance director at Marshalls for a long number of years and I remember one time when he had shown me infinite patience, as I was struggling to get my head around a balance sheet entry.
Nowadays balance sheets are done by computer software not pen and ink – although I used pencil quite a lot when I think back - especially with my first one or two balance sheets!

It was another poor day with rain falling off and on all day long.

We had a short outing to Brighouse to look at the shops and we did manage a very short walk along the canal towards Brookfoot in the intermitted showers.

The light was poor for photos but I did take a few.

Birds:

Canada Goose, Dipper, Pr. Goosander, Coot, 5 Cormorant, 7 Teal, Small Gulls, 3 Heron.




















4 comments:

  1. A good variety of decent birds there John and some good pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chees Bri - fed up with the rain now.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Goosander shots John and a fair few birds there mate, nice one

    ReplyDelete