Sunday 22 January 2017

√Hurst Wood - Canal - River

Sue and I enjoyed an outing to Saltaire for a walk along the river and the canal this afternoon.

Some short lived brightness at home, was replaced by the dull stuff, as we arrived at Hirst Wood Car Park.

Another gander for Lesser Pecker came out blank - I'll most probably see it when I'm not looking for it - as my mum would have said.

It was busy with walkers, dogs and prams along the canal towpath.
Half way round we enjoyed a visit to the cafe, below the bakers shop, in Saltaire.

The bacon butty stared at me, reminding me of my visit to the doctors the other day.
I told him that I thought I was putting on a little weight.
Don't be ridiculous" the doctor said.
"Make yourself comfortable on those three chairs,so we can talk about it"

I think today's photo's get the 'most dull' award - the light being nearly non-existent in the woods.

At the Water Treatment Works the Pied Wagtail contingent took to the air, hard to estimate but, there were possibly as many as 50!!

At least I got a long awaited Little Grebe, although it was very busy diving, and keeping under the far bank - when above the water.

It was a tad spooky because a minute before it appeared, I had said to Sue, that I had not seen a Little Grebe in ages.


I then tried mentioning the Lesser Pecker using the same logic, but the spooky system fell down somewhat.

During a light snow shower. at the Raggalds, I picked out a huge flock of Starling feeding in the Bonnet fields .

Birds:-
Moorhen, 4 Jay, 2 Redwing, Nuthatch, 2 Song Thrush, Mistle Thrush, Little Grebe, Canada Geese, Small Gulls, Long Tailed Tit, 2 Grey Wagtail, c50 Pied Wagtail, 5 M. Goosander, Great Spotted Woodpecker - heard not seen..
















Robin of the Day









Raggalds Area:













No comments:

Post a Comment