Friday 24 March 2017

Harrogate Motorhome Show and Ogden to Home

A beautiful day and Sue decided upon a pleasant drive to the Great Yorkshire Showground to look at the Motorhome Show.

In addition to the expensive vehicles, there are many stalls with bargains - just up our street.

Sue nabbed a £50 outdoor waterproof/breathable coat for £15.

I got a tasty chicken and bacon butty - I know, on  which side, my bread is buttered!

The Red Kites were hereabouts with at least 10 seen!!
(No big deal, we've had 'em over Soil Hill).

Also 3 Roe Deer seen nearer home.

Ogden to Home 16:10. - 19:00

After being on my feet for most of the day at the show, Sue dropped me at Ogden, so I could continue with my exercise regime.

I had an interesting  and enjoyable 3 hour, afternoon/evening walkabout.

Birds:-

2 Heron, Little Owl, Jay, Siskin, Kingfisher.

At least 6 Goldcrest, probably lots more.

6 Meadow Pipit, including a real stunner in pristine condition.

Skylark up and singing, 2 Pied Wagtail, 3 Mistle Thrush, Pheasanrt, Song Thrush and a few other sp.

The Goosanders were not present, presumably we won't see these again now - well not as many anyway?

The usual Canada's and Mallards on the water.

A possible Oystercatcher, called once from behind trees, on the move, but I did not Eyeball it.

I was very happy to get a close up Siskin, one of my bogie birds and Little Owls always bring a smile with them ....  a good do, as they say.





A bit baffled by this 'bird' I think it is a drone?





























No comments:

Post a Comment